The Pain & Wellness Center is offering cutting-edge laser technology
Pain and Wellness Center is proud to be one of only two facilities on the North Shore offering MLS Laser Therapy. MLS Laser Therapy is one of the most advanced laser therapy systems available, offering our patients a painless, drugless, non-invasive way to help them recover from painful injuries or chronic pain conditions.
MLS Laser Therapy uses specific wavelengths of light that have a strong anti-inflammatory effect on tissues that are stimulated by the laser. A cascade of cellular activity within tendons, ligaments, and muscles allows them to heal faster and for you to get back to your normal life quickly and safely.
Laser Therapy is a painless treatment and there are minimal side effects. Most sessions take 10-12 minutes and each treatment is cumulative in its effectiveness. The number of treatments prescribed depends on the nature of your condition, most patients receive 6 to 10 sessions.
Laser therapy is cleared by the FDA and is proven successful and effective as evidenced by numerous peer-review studies. See the laser review article by clicking here.
The 10 Benefits of MLS® Laser Therapy
- Anti-Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Analgesic: MLS Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain-blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain-killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly, and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and an increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
- Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes and greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or surgery.
- Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
- Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosinetriphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
Laser Therapy Video Library
If you would like to search for more information regarding MLS Laser Therapy, please visit https://celasers.com/knowledge-center